The day that Iwan and Mike left Montana, I grabbed "Ten Little Indians" from Iwan and started reading it. Within the first 20 pages I was absolutely sucked in. I'd read it before, and seen the movie, but a long time ago.
I got about 1/3 of the way through by the time I had to return it to Iwan (who claimed he was going to read it on the flight home… I can't believe I fell for it, too!)
The next day, on the way out, we stopped by town and I went into an old coffee-house bookstore. They had a whole rack of Agatha Christies, including "Ten Little Indians" for $0.75! Done and done.
I read it on the flight home, and it was pretty much the best ever. Shoots right up to my top five list of books. I highly recommend it. The fact that Iwan said he started it, got about two murders in, and then put it down is really tantamount to a face slap. Really no other way to put it.
In other news: In Salt Lake City, we discovered that our flight to San Diego was overbooked, and they were offering $600(!!!) travel vouchers per seat if you were willing to fly out the next day at 9pm. We weren't really willing to do that, but they also said that you could fly a little later into LAX. We decided to take the bait. While in SLC, we rented a car from LA to Palomar Airport over the phone. We then flew to LA and drove home which really wasn't too bad at all.
And now we've got some money to burn on plane tickets. Vegas, anyone?!
No comments:
Post a Comment