Friday night, Diana and I went out for dinner at a little seafood market near our house, and I had I think the best bowl of clam chowder ever. I've had a LOT of clam chowder in my life, so this is no small claim. I was highly impressed.
Later that night, I got a call from Iwan. The Buhrs were in town, and a little impromptu poker night was being set up! Diana was tutoring in the morning, so while she headed to bed, I went to see the boys.
Poker was a LOT of fun. We (Adam, Iwan, Little Buhr, Gabe, Miami John, Baron) cashed in for $10 playing pot-limit $.20/$.40 hold 'em. I actually ran through my $10 pretty quick, getting out-kickered a couple times, or someone picked up a second pair on the river, or whatever. I bought in for $5 more, and was able to win it all back, and more. Most of that came from one huge hand. I had 5-6 offsuit. I don't remember my position, but I think I was a blind. The bet was raised by Baron for a tiny raise, which I called. Most people were in from the flop. Flop comes 3,4,7 rainbow (three suits). I've flopped a huge hand. I believe I checked from an early position, someone bets, Baron raises, every folds to me, and I raise again (or call), and everyone else folds. Turn comes 8. I bet big, Baron calls. I don't remember the river, but I was feeling pretty good with my straight. I lead off with a big bet (around $4). Baron thinks for a long time. I'm staring into the pot, saying in my head "pleasecallpleasecallpleasecallpleasecall". He mutters about what I might have, including "5-6", but why would I have survived a pre-flop raise with 5-6 (because it was a small raise and I was already partially in, being a blind!) He calls. I show. He mucks (later revealing he had pocket queens). That and a couple smaller pots cashed me out for $24. I then lost a dollar or two on the famous post-poker Little Buhr Blackjack. All in all, it was a really fun time.
Saturday, Diana tutored in the morning. I lolled for a while, and met up with most of the same boys for some flag football. We played a great game, and Baditude took some footage for a video he's going to make. We retired to his place for some Mario Kart Double Dash, and then home. I met up with Diana, and we got ready for dinner. A group of us headed out to a fondue restaurant, which was a lot of fun. The food was pretty good, but sitting around and cooking it yourself and hanging out with friends was great. Dinner was like 3 hours, and since I'm working this morning, it was home for bed.
This morning, I'm at work on support, surfing the web and hoping that nothing goes wrong that I need to worry about. Getting out of warm bed with a sleepy, cuddly wife on Sunday morning is hard. :(
Football has left me about as sore as I've been. I jacuzzi'd yesterday, and might need another does today.
No comments:
Post a Comment